Promises and Provisions
Promises and Provisions for Living a Godly Life
Grace and peace be yours in abundance1 through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord2. His divine power has given us everything we need3 for a godly life through our knowledge of him4 who called us by His own glory and goodness. Through these He has given us his very great and precious promises5, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature6, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires7 (2 Peter 1:2-4 NIV).
- When God provides for us, He provides in abundance. He is El-Shaddai.
- Every promise and provision of God comes through knowing God and Jesus. All of God’s promises and provisions are found in the person of Jesus Christ.
- God has already given us everything that we need to live a holy life.
- We must know Christ personally and not just theologically. Knowledge (the word in Greek means acknowledging); seeing who Christ is and giving Him the rightful place in our lives; (i.e., to live in the knowledge of Christ).
- Everything that we need is provided in the promises of God; the provision is in the promises.
- When we live in the knowledge of Christ and live by His promise, we can live like Him, being transformed from glory to glory; to His likeness (2 Corinthians 3:18).
- The knowledge of Christ, the Word of Truth (James 1:18), transforms us to the likeness of Christ (Romans 8:29), thus setting us free from the desires of sin and darkness.
The Provision is in the Promise
God has made promises that He intends to provide for us. His provisions are for us to live a life of faith in true righteousness. Everything that we need is contained in the Word and promises of God. John Osteen said, “Faith means a Word from God is all you need.” Many Christians miss out on God’s provisions because something is standing between God and their faith.
There is a requirement to forsake the world and to forsake ourselves, our desires; our own plans; our soul ties; and our own ambitions. Our faith should rest in God alone, one hundred percent. “When we come to the end of ourselves, we come to the beginning of God.” –Billy Graham. When we empty ourselves, then God can fill us with His fullness; His life, blessings, and inheritance.
Father, thy Word is truth. Therefore, I will take You by Your Word. To walk in the promises and provisions of God, we have to walk by faith; we have to forsake all and fall on him (Matthew 21:44). Truly, our God is not a man that He should lie (Numbers 23:19). God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him (Hebrews 11:6); keep praying, keep trusting, keep believing.
For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us (2 Corinthians 1:20).
Hover/Click to View Verse.