God's Promises About Overcoming Fear
A Confession of Faith to Overcome Fear
God has not given me the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. No weapon formed against me shall prosper, and every tongue that rises against me in judgment is condemned. Fear has no dominion over me because the Greater One lives in me. He has given me victory in every area of life. The Lord is on my side, so I will not fear. What can man do to me? Nothing, because greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world. The peace of God that passes all understanding guards my heart and mind through Christ Jesus.
Spirit of fear, I rebuke you, in the Name of Jesus. I cast you out of my mind. I cast you off my body. I have no more fear. God loves me as much as He loves Jesus. The love of God is shed abroad in my heart by the Spirit of God. And perfect love casts out all fear. Fear and every bondage, you get out. Leave me now in the Name of Jesus! You will not come near my dwelling. I dwell in the secret place of the Most High God. Praise God!
I have not received a spirit of slavery again unto fear, but I have received the Spirit of Adoption, whereby I cry “Abba, Father.” I belong to the Lord, and am no longer a slave to dread, fear, stress, anxiety or depression. I am set free from him who had the power of death; the devil, by the precious blood of the Lamb.
I will not allow my heart to be troubled because I trust in the Lord. I stand on His promises in Psalm 91, and I declare that no evil shall befall me, neither shall any plague or calamity come near me, my family or our dwelling places. The angels of the Lord surround me and watch over my family and me. I cover my family and myself with the blood of Jesus—spirit, soul, and body.
Thank You, Lord, that I dwell in the shadow of Your wings, and You protect me. My steps are ordered by You, and You lead me and guide me in the way I should go. Thank You, Lord, that You are the Good Shepherd and that You watch over me and take care of me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen!
- The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1).
- The fear of man brings a snare, But whoever trusts in the Lord shall be safe (Proverbs 29:25). Amen!
- Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You. In God (I will praise His word), In God I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can flesh do to me? (Psalm 56:3-4).
- Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. But the very hairs of your head are numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven (Matthew 10:29-32).
- He shall cover you with His feathers, And under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler. You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, Nor of the arrow that flies by day, (Psalm 91:4-5).
- Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me (Psalm 23:4).
- The wicked flee when no one pursues, But the righteous are bold as a lion (Proverbs 28:1).
There are two ways to deal with fear; fear is either an acronym for “forget everything and run” or “face everything and rise.” Fear is an enemy of faith; do not tolerate fear; fear tolerated is faith contaminated. Faith in God means we can rise above every fear and every lie of the enemy. God’s Word says we cannot live in fear; God says, “Fear Not!”
We can be free from the destructive power of fear; we can rid life forever of fear by guarding our hearts and filling our minds with the Word of God. We can take a stand against fear through the Sword of God’s Word and the Shield of Faith. Instead of meditating on the enemy’s lies (aka worrying), we can banish fear by speaking and confessing faith-filled words.
Watch your faith soar as you rebuke and resist fear! Remember, “for God hath not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” (2 Timothy 1:7).
Overcoming Fear (Rev. Marcus Tan).
Hover/Click to View Verse.